TechSpot

Microsoft to offer three-user Windows 7 Family Pack?

By Jos
Jul 2, 2009
  1. Microsoft may be introducing a Family Pack for Windows 7 Home Premium, according to a pair of reports citing details in the end-user licensing agreement (EULA) of a recently-leaked build. The still-unconfirmed plan would enable users to install a single copy the operating system on up to three computers in a household, and falls in line with similar licensing Microsoft already has for the Home and Student Edition of Microsoft Office 2007.

Read the whole story

2. Gee, how apple-original of MS.

3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

Microsoft may be many things but original is not one of them.

4. spikester48661

spikester48661 TS Enthusiast Posts: 101

one more way for microsoft to put it in breaking off in the windows's butt

5. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

I think this is great. People in my household have on;y just made the switch to vista. (we have 2 PC and 2 laptops) If we could buy a License that covered 3 computer systems, thats cheaper than buying individual licences for each; that would be great.

I would install Windows 7 Ultimate on my pc!

6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

They *need* to do this kind of stuff because the product is already too expensive as it is.

7. Totally agree with tekkaraiden, although I think Windows 7 shall be the best MS OS ever and the 3-user license family pack is a good idea too.

Cheers!

8. kungfujoe

kungfujoe TS Rookie

This is great news, at least if the 3-pack is cheaper than an OEM copy and 2 OEM licenses, or if there's an OEM version. I've got two legal OEM licenses to Windows XP Pro, and they cost considerably less than one retail copy. I've got a third computer that I'd like a Windows license for (I've spent six months unsuccessfully trying to make Linux work like it's supposed to), so a three license package deal would be perfect.

9. Aolish

Aolish TS Enthusiast Posts: 171

no competition.

10. Jimmy5

Jimmy5 TS Rookie

Futureshop here in Canada has the upgrade for 64.99, I also just got an e-copoun for $10 off, not a bad deal.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10126085&catid=10657&CMP=NLC-email_weekly

11. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Watch news at 11... Microsoft has already announced Windows 7 for half price if you order early.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.