Microsoft to rebrand its enterprise communications tool Lync as Skype for Business

1. Nearly three years after acquiring popular video calling service Skype, Microsoft has announced that it's rebranding its Lync enterprise communications tool as Skype for Business.

Read more
  2. insect

insect TS Evangelist Posts: 315   +114

Ugh... Just when I got almost everyone used to saying and using Lyn correctly. Now a simple Icon change will send half of them back to the "How do I share my screen?" era....
    TadMSTR likes this.
  3. So Microsoft Lync is the best communication platform on the market at this time. I think this is yet another MAJOR mistake from Microsoft in trying to make the Skype brand seem bigger.

The change in the UI is as stupid as the decision to re brand and excellent product. I hope before this become reality someone at Microsoft takes their heads out the *$$ and reverts this decision.

A Lync Admin, User and Supporter!!!!
  4. Kevin82485

Kevin82485 TS Booster Posts: 159   +41

Oh man I know exactly what you're talking about. Users always call it Lynx...