TechSpot

Microsoft touts Office for Mac 2011, drops Entourage

By Jos
Feb 12, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At this week's Macworld Expo 2010 conference in San Francisco, Microsoft provided an early look at some of the new features in its forthcoming Office for Mac 2011 desktop suite. The company said it is focusing on three things with this release: better compatibility across platforms, improved collaboration tools, and a refined ribbon-based interface that combines the Mac menu with the standard toolbar.

Read the whole story

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,556   +301

I hope they allow you to keep the current style if you want. I use Office 08 on Mac and Office 07 on PC and I find the sidebar thing they do in 08 for Mac much easier to use than the ribbon for 07 PC. I've actually saved my work in Excel 07, then taken it over to my Mac to do some things in it because its simpler with the sidebar. Although it would be nice to make it standard between versions, or at least make it possible for me to have the sidebar in the PC version.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.