Microsoft Zune

Status
Not open for further replies.

joked u 2

Well i'm not really sure if thiis is the right place to ask but has any1 bought or know someone who has a zune? im thinkin about gettin 1 and am not really sure if they got all the bug worked outta them yet, cuz i heard that they don't work as a hdd yet but they are workin on it. got any suggestions?

Yeah, I bought one the same day they came out. I was looking at an iPod. Some friends have had problems with them so I decided to check out the Zune. It can not be used as a HDD at this time as you already know.

Funny thing is, or I found it amusing at least, is that right out of the box it requires a firmware update! Looks like something sooooo new, MS would have already done this before release. The update only takes a few minutes, no biggy really. BUGS???I have not encountered anything strage operationally.

One thing(s) to consider.....the iPod's I believe have adjustable EQ's where the ZUNE only has presets to choose from. The ear buds that come with it really dont sound that great....to me at least. It is ONLY compatable with XP, forget about using 2000. I had to upgrade my laptop to XP to use the Zune, didnt realize this at purchase. Not compatible with Vista either....as of yet anyways. You will need to buy a DVD converter to copy movies to the Zune. Or try and find a free one....they dont exist believe me. (my problem now is finding one that works well, there are many out there)

The Zune software you DL on your PC is very easy to use. The screen itself on the Zune looks very very good. It comes pre-loaded with several music videos and short movie clips. The Zune syncs easy with the PC, no problems at all....so far....remember this is by MS!

So far I am happy with mine....I have already DL'd around 300 songs on it. You can search your music by band, genre, song etc. Storing pictures on it is very similiar. So far I would recommend you buying one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back