TechSpot

Minecraft server won't work

By baconsoup15
Oct 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, Im new to the whole server making thing. Now I had made a server and it was working fine, but then I shut down the server for the night and the next day my freinds couldnt connect. I have tried everything to fix it. I go to canyouseeme.com and it say it sees me. Please help me.
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,466   +622

Did the IP address on your local network change?
  3. baconsoup15

baconsoup15 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I dont think so I went to ipchicken.com, whatismyip.com, and more and they all say the same thing. Ive also gone to http://gamewebb.com/msmp-server-check.php and typed in the ip it told me with the port and it says its offline. And in my consol it says that it lost connection. I have allowed the stuff through my firewall and I even tried it with it off.
  4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,466   +622

The IP of your server on your local network. You need port forwarding on your router to that IP.
  5. baconsoup15

I have port forwarded the ip, but it still wont work
  6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,407   +314

Search this board for Minecraft; this has been exhaustive discussed and resolved
  7. Taycat

Taycat TS Rookie Posts: 52

If you can't get it to work, use Hamachi or something of the sort.
  8. baconsoup15

I found out the problem. You have to put -d64 in you start up.bat. After I put that in it worked no problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.