Minecraft server

Hiya,

I am trying to create a minecraft server for myself and friends to join. I have done the port forwarding on my router and have done the TCP and THP rule. I am allowed to connect all my computers to this server in my local area network (I.e all the devices connected to the same router as to the same computer that is running the server) The only issue is that people outside of my network can not connect to this dedicated server.

To keep in mind I also added the rules in windows, doing the port forwarding rules in its built in firewall.

Thanks
Luis

1. the server MUST have a fixed IP address on your Lan; via static or address reservation
  2. the Router MUST then forward to that address
  3. you must know your ISP's PUBLIC assignment to your connection (understanding that it may change)
  4. must MUST communicate to your users your PUBLIC IP

To track your PUBLIC IP (#3) and its changes, lookup and get a DYNDNS address

1. the server MUST have a fixed IP address on your Lan; via static or address reservation
  2. the Router MUST then forward to that address
  3. you must know your ISP's PUBLIC assignment to your connection (understanding that it may change)
  4. must MUST communicate to your users your PUBLIC IP

To track your PUBLIC IP (#3) and its changes, lookup and get a DYNDNS address

thanks for that. Unfortunately I tried those things, I typed in “what’s my iP on a browser,” that is my public iP. then what ever port I was using I added the extension :25569. I made sure all IP’s were static, just in case the router turns off and on again. It is weird, need someone to actually login into to my system and see what’s up.

thanks dude

This is several days old, but in case the issue continues... have you used a website such as this: https://portchecker.co/ to verify that the port you're using is really open? Have you been able to open any other kind of server? If the port is correctly open in your router and also in your OS, it may be the ISP

Back