Misdiagnosis Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help read these dumps! I have done the following :blackeye: :
-Tried everything on the READ THIS BEFORE POSTING MINIDUMPS LIST including MEMTEST86 15 times no errors, Many PC-Doctor stress tests, pagefile reconfigured, many, many, drivers re-installed or upgraded
-Didn't try reseating anything cuz my T60 is only three months old.
-Asked for help on this forum and the person who helped me said to check SPTD.dll file used by Alcohol and Daemon tools. I got rid of Alcohol and unistalled the SPTD file and never had Daemon.

The person who helped me was very nice to do so as our all the people on this forum who help newbies. It's free advice so no harm done but if someone can try to read my dumps again, please do so. After un-installing SPTD, I still have random BSODS and serious system error messages which I think are driver-related but can never read the blue screen in time.

Please help me! ;)

Your problem is almost certainly caused by your Symantec/Norton security product.

All your minidumps reference SYMEVENT.SYS either directly or indirectly. This is the Symantec Event Library and is a known issue on some systems/configurations. All your minidumps reference wmiprvse.exe as the owning process. This is the Windows Management Instrumentation file.

In my opinion your symantec/Norton product is causing the wmiprvse.exe to crash.

I suggest you uninstall your Symantec/Norton security product and try a different product such as the free AVG antivirus and the Free Zonealarm firewall. Then see how your system runs.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back