missing tabs

By redblue
Oct 17, 2004
  1. I don't know what I did but the settings and advanced tabs on my display properties are missing. The only ones there are background, screensaver and appearance. Is there a way to get those back and if so, what should I do?
    I'm using win98 and ie6. Thank you.
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

It's been so long since I've used Win9X that I'm of no use for specifics. My guess is you probably reverted back to the Generic VGA drivers from Microsoft. In any event reinstalling your video card drivers should fix the problem.
  3. redblue

redblue TS Rookie Topic Starter

How would I go about doing that?
  4. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

First you'll need to determine your video card. SiSoftware Sandra can help determine your card. Use their Video System Information module to determine your chip, then get the latest drivers for your graphic chip (usually ATI or nVidia) from Display Adapters - TechSpot Drivers or if that's not enough of a selection then The Guru of 3D Download Section. Drivers are usually unified so one set of drivers covers almost all video chips from a manufacturer.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.