Mobility Radeon 9000 and Final Fantasy XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a toshiba A70-249 with an ATi Mobility Radeon 9000. I am using it for work but i have a game that I would like to play on it called Final Fantasy XI. The graphics look nice but it is not smooth at all. When i first tryed the game it didnt run that smooth using the default video drivers that came with it, then i upgrade to the omega drivers and it still didnt do the trick. I also upgraded the system memory to 768 (accually 640 because I have the UMA Frame Buffer set to 128). I downloaded some demos from Ati and they dont run that smooth either, i have all the setting set to the lowest on the 9000 (after trying many different in and out of game setting combos) and it still doesnt make much of a difference. what can i do (settings or otherwise) to make the game run more smooth. HELP

PS. this is an online game and i understand lag is a factor but not as much of a factor as the problem i am having.

Biggest thing I've seen to cause bad performance in FFXI is the weather effects. Have you tried logging and and then disabling them? That's the only thing I can think of specific to FFXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back