Mobos.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
mobos help pls *^*

hello,

im building a comp in a few months...i just wanted to know ... whatd the BEST OCing mobo out there for P4 ...now i dont want to start a AMD vs P4 riot or ne thing :rolleyes: .....i know AMD is for gaming.... but the memory im using is extremely good for OCing and reviewes said that AMD mobos dont like it that much.....so im going to build a p4 sys.......

what would be the best mobo for OCing and what would be the best cpu chip to put in :p

all i want is a stable, fast, quick beast....

remember P4 mobo and cpu chip....suggestions :cool:

I have used many MSI boards. I currently am using the MSI Neo2 875p board.

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=875p_Neo-FISR&class=mb

This is a very good board and MSI is very good about supporting it. It has great features for OCing the FSB, voltages, etc. I would say that most P4 boards with the 875p chipset is worth getting. Stick to MSI and ASUS, IMHO.

Also for chips, the 2.4c (Northwood) is very good for OCing, I currently have the 2.8e (Prescott) and am experimenting with OCing. I have it up to 2.9... Go with a Northwood as the Prescott provides 1M of cache (instead of 512k) which doesn't provide much in performance, and the prescott runs much hotter.

Bug

ok thanks.....but im not going to start for a wile...but i herd that the 2.4 prescotts are discontinued.....so i might just buy it so i can have it once i start :p

then...over clock as much as i can :D

Um sure, Prescott is the last core/P4 you want to own if your overclocking!!

You should just go read tons of reviews for P4 mobos and Im sure you can learn even more and answer your question in a more forfilling way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back