TechSpot

Moderators closing threads...

By PHATMAN5050
Feb 21, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. What is with the moderators closing SOO many threads. I just tried to reply to Haxors doodspeak thread about the forums, but its closed. I had a similar encounter this morning and yesterday night when trying to post on a thread. :confused:

2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 980

SO many threads ?

SO many threads :confused:
    Other than the one specific thread you mentioned

LiK WhAzUz UpZ WiF FoR00mZ
    & your reference about two additional threads (total 3 out of 216, threads, 1,792 posts) what are the SO many threads?
    I was gonna reply to haxor myself, but if a mod has a reason for closing a thread, I have to trust his judgement.

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,609   +295

Muhahaha

Whats this button do....

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Re: Muhahaha

LOL! There's an open function as well!!

5. ToRN

ToRN TS Rookie Posts: 156

Phatman shall not post :p

We are compelled by some devine force to close every tread you want to answer to :p.

No, I guess it is just coincidence. You should know that normaly we are not that eager to close a tread, just when necessary.

6. Phantasm66

"...a young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine before he turned to evil"

No one closes things just because they don't like you, or don't like the way you speak or suchlike.

A thread would be closed if the subject matter was getting out of hand.

A thread would be deleted if it seemed to be pointless.... i.e. someone's drunken or prozac motivated rant.

All profanity is deleted on sight.

7. HaXoR

HaXoR TS Rookie

Yoy0, I Be hErE PHaTdUDe

8. uncleel

'oy?

[​IMG]

9. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 593

10. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Phat, I think someone has been playing with the "close thread" function a bit too much. :) There's been a couple of mysterious incidents (to me at least), but everyone's judgement is different.

The post you mention is not closed NOW, but if it was, I do not understand why.

While keeping the moderators on their toes is a good thing, you might want to try PMing the board administration instead of posting topics. It's a bit neater and cleaner.

11. Phantasm66

I've never closed any thread other than this one just to demonstrate the function.

12. uncleel

I see no reason why this thread was closed

I see no reason why this thread was closed. :confused:
    I've have only closed one (1) thread, & that was in the old forum; where after a warning the factions would not stop fighting.
    It cold be error, as the new mod functions in Vb take a lilltle geting used to.
    Agreed Phat, PM your mods in that forum for quicker action. I'd like to straighten this out myself.

13. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 593

thanks guys! at least that thread is back up. I just wanted to make sure that the rules on here hadn't gotten more austere. (vocab word, i have a test tomorrow :haha: )