TechSpot

MOHAA Multiplayer Help

By bigredmachine
Aug 28, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yesterday my brother and I tried to start a multiplayer game on my brothers computer, so we could play with him on his computer, me on mine, and my uncle, who lives about a hundred miles away. My brother and I had no problems connecting but my uncle could not connect because it kept timing out. Our gam also soes not show up on the in-game server list or in gamespy. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks
  2. danger_mouse

danger_mouse TS Rookie Posts: 70

Have you rented the server from a company?? If you have maybe send them an email about that problem.

About the timing out prob this may be caused by the country the server is hosted and where your uncle lives, bad ping probs it sounds like!
  3. bigredmachine

bigredmachine TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 93

I dont have a server...I thought that you could create a game in MOH and it be online, not just on your LAN
  4. danger_mouse

Not as far as i know, and ive been playing the game for quite some years!! You'll have to find an empty server, give your uncle the ip then play each other!!!
  5. bigredmachine

bigredmachine TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 93

I feel so stupid, I always thought that when you created a game anyone could play, not just your network.
  6. danger_mouse

Well i think you can use a LAN sever but im sure the comps have to be set up together!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.