TechSpot

Monitor Blacks out Saying No signal

By Delta9
Jun 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I can play all my games fine with no issues except (Word of Warplanes and APB Reloaded)
    When I do try to play those games I get all the way to the lobby then the monitor goes black and says no signal.
    PC Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
    Processor: AMD Zambezi 4.2GHz Quad core
    RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 32GB 4x8GB DDR3
    Graphics Card: XFX Radeon R7770
    PSU: Ultra X4 1050W (modular)
    Monitor: HP 2210m

I have updated everything I could find, cleaned everything I could (hardware, virus, malware, spyware etc.)
    As far as I know these are the only games it fails with and im pretty sure its not the PSU because I hooked a 500W I had to just the video card and it still happens. I have attached my Dxdiag. I have ran memtest with no errors. just did a clean install of win 7.
    PLEASE HELP!!! it seems as if I am out of options.

Attached Files:

2. Delta9

Delta9 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have recently did a stress test on my GPU using FurMark no issues. GPU didn't get over 73c and no black outs.
  3. Nivagely

Nivagely TechSpot Member Posts: 50

I get a no signal from time to time but they are usually when a game starts to load up, it usually only lasts 2-5 seconds before putting itself back to shape, from my own personal knowledge, though I am using a standard 32 inch TV that wasn't designed with PC usage at all, Any chance you can test this out with on-board graphics or a different Card?
    That way we can be as sure as hell it isn't the GPU, I would help out and do some research but sadly I can't spare the time as of this moment,

In all honesty I can't see it being the Monitor, but anything can be a culprit!
  4. Delta9

I was told its probably the drivers AMD has because I took it to a shop and the couldn't find anything wrong with it and they also had my monitor to be sure
  5. Nivagely

Nivagely TechSpot Member Posts: 50

Hmm I would've though so, well looks like you have your answers then! It probably more than likely a driver issue, Hope it gets resolved soon man! I know how much it sucks!
  6. Delta9

Aint that right, I buy what I thought would be a pretty good set up and I get stuck with something like this. but it is just the two games that ive noticed it on so far, so I can deal with it untill/if its fixed

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.