Monitor doesn't display anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i recently forgot my password to my computer and my bro was trying to fix it he is the geek not me i have no clue??
SO we tried a number of techniques I can't remeber from the internet and he did some crap that i coulnd't figure out as i said im technicly retarded when it comes to this stuff.
SO we tried to remove the battery out of the MB he said it would reset the memory or some crap. So we did that but to get to the battery i removed the Graphics Card. we succesfully removed the battery and replaced it after 30 seconds. We put the Graphics back in and i plugged the computer with all cords in and turned it on.

It turned on alright no weird sounds but the moniter didn't diplay anything, the LED was amber so i turned the monitor off and on and the LED came up blue. but it said No Signal - Digital. I tried my screen on my bros pc and the screen worked. so i no it isnt the screen, btw we used the same cord and everything.
I don't know what the problem is and i was thinking since it isnt the screen it might be the GFX card or the MB.
My specs are 80gig HDD
8500GT nivedia GFX card
M2N-X Asus MB
5400+ that thingo with the fan ( as i said im retarded at that crap)
and a 550w Extreme Coolermaster PSU.
If someone could help me i would GREATLY and i mean GREATLY Appreciate it im a WoW nerd and i really dont want to waste my game time.
:D

I would try reseating your video card (Take it out, lay down your computer and push it back in firmly) and make sure the CMOS battery is in properly (+ side up).

You may also want to reseat your memory and any other PCI cards you have installed. For whatever reason, it isn't unusual for things to 'loosen up' when mess around inside the computer.

Any beeps or other clues? Also, it might do you some good to take a break from WoW.. :)

Hi as my post said im a retard and yes the battery is + side up. ive taken out the GFX card and i have pressed it in firmly till it locked. Ive tried taken out everything wireless card unpluggin the CDROM incase it wasn't getting enough power but that didn;t help . "You may also want to reseat your memory and any other PCI cards you have installed." What does that mean. My bro is cominghome in 10 minutes ill ask him but if you reply quicker that will be great. I also read on other sites that i should change some settings in the BIOS but how the **** do i do that if i can't see anything!!

Any beeps or other clues? Also, it might do you some good to take a break from WoW.. :)
Taking a break from WoW is not an option :blush:
And when i plug my Keyboard in it flashes like it always does so i think it is normally booting up the PC i think. But i dont no im stupid!!

You can always google things like reseat that you dont understand, reseating means taking out and putting them back in. Make sure you gave your power off when tinkering in your computer. If you ever forget your password simply start your computer in safe mode and change your password or create a new account. Reseat your video card again. Read this google words you dont understand.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic113137.html

hello there,i just bough a new graphich card- nvidia gt 9400-512 mb.I pluged it in and when i turn on computer it displays NOTHING,all black and i feel stupid.same prob.like this mate have.soo plz help.

I think it might be a Motherboard problem.....

No POST beeps or anything?

Hi, me and my bro swapped Graphics Cards, as in his in mine and mine in his. We were trying to distuinguish the problem m/b or graphics card. Both computer screens didn't display anything. So is it the Graphics Card or M/B. And with the
Make sure you gave your power off when tinkering in your computer. If you ever forget your password simply start your computer in safe mode and change your password or create a new account.
I tried it in safe mode and it didn't work i don't know why. But i think i remeber the password but i can't try it. PLZ help.

Hi my bro brang a 7400 something spare Graphics Card over. It still didn't work so now i am getting a new motherboard and am wiping my HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back