Monitor going to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an IBM desktop with a HP pavilion f1703 monitor. Every time I boot up it says "Monitor going to sleep" and shuts down. I've plugged the mointor into my laptop and it works fine. Help! Thanks!

Instantly, or after a while?

If you can get into the desktop, right click anywhere there's not an icon, Properties, Screensaver, Power, and change the "Turn off Monitor" to 20 mins or something.

See how that goes.

If you can't get into the Desktop long enough to do it, press F8 after the POST screen, and select Safe Mode & see if you can do it there.

I cant even see the desktop. It only shows the "Monitor going to sleep" instantely. I've plugged, unplugged and rebooted several times. it's frustrating because I know the monitor works on other systems....

Hi everyone :) I seem to have the same problem, I have adjusted the Power to "Never" and turned off the screensaver completely. I restart the computer (by pressing the power off button) and back on again, and it stays on for a bit - keep in mind for DAYS, and WEEKS it's been fine and not doing this, it just all of a sudden did this today while I was playing an online game. I tried unplugging the monitor power source for about 30 seconds, then plugging it back in. restart PC - then after about 1-2 min's it goes to sleep again! what the heck is going on? I tried to run a virus malware scan but it doesnt stay up long enough to finish the scan... this is very frustrating ... help please?

Thank you in advance =)

could it be my nvidia geforce 8600 graphics card overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back