Monitor not displaying picture

Ok so I hope this isn’t a stupid question but I own a Samsung monitor. One night I hooked up my Xbox to the monitor and used the hdmi option. After using my Xbox on the monitor for a while I decided to unhook my Xbox and hook it back up to the tv. The next day I decided to use my computer which is always on analog, but there was no picture. I can’t figure out what’s wrong because everything starts up normally, and this all started after using my monitor to play my Xbox.

Check your monitor's manual for 'set-up'. Many monitors set a default mode and may need a special instruction to accept a new port definition.

Umm, not good. Confirm electrical power connection and try for menu using buttons as described in manual. Most manuals have some troubleshooting suggestions in the last 2-3 pages. If you cannot get menu on screen then you may want to contact Samsung support for troubleshooting ideas before you ask for RMA as a warranty claim

A special instruction?First time I heard of this.
...which is why one checks the manual. There is a forest of cutie-pie little keystrokes and button presses and the manual helps find them (like, press the 3rd button from the left twice and hold the right button down for 5 seconds while facing East, etc, etc).

Hope there is one - or even a 'full reset' kind of thing - otherwise it is RMA time.

Back