Monitor not recieving signal from computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went too plug mic in back of computer. I pushed the computer forward a couple inches and the front stand of the box went over edge of table and the computer dropped slightly. Bout 2cms.

The display on the monitor then went off. Says there is no signal. Called friend on phone and i was still on msn. When he sent me a msg I could hear the sound msn makes.

I reset computer. Still no picture, but computer seemingly loaded up fine, and auto signed into msn as usual. There is no signal from startup, so not a windows related thing.

I have tried 3 different methods of connecting the video card too the monitor, same deal. Monitor works fine as I use another computer on it. I have tried too also use the second PCI-E port and still no use.

I don't have access too a spare card, or a computer with a pci-e slot too test the card.

Was wondering if there was something i missed, or if that little bump is likely too have damaged the card or motherboard ?

Most likely a connection came loose somewhere......

Does your graphics card have a connection directly to your PSU (many newer cards do)? If so, double check that connection and make sure it is tight.

Does your mobo have integrated graphics as well by chance? If not, any chance of borrowing another PCI-e card from a friend to help with the troubleshooting?

It doesn't have a sep power cable. But i have checked all cables, removed and reinserted cards.

Unfortunately I do not know anyone with a PCI-E card.

Am going too buy a cheap card, but wanted to check here first too see if i've missed anything :)

Your monitor might have been broken from the inside when it fell

Ask a friend or if you have another moniter hook it to your computer and see if it works then if not then like Don said it's your Videocard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back