Monitor "Out of Range"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a mate of mine come around and change the msconfig settings because he felt my computer was running too slow. Hmm, now when I go to load up and play any online games, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam, etc, it comes up with a black screen and a blue texted on white message reading "Monitor out of Range".

I have changed the settings back to normal, checked that my monitor settings were ok, they were, can hear sound coming from the games but no visual.

Please please please, can anyone give me any helpful suggestions?

I have reinstalled Windows XP with Service Pack 2 over the top, trying to re-establish the lost whatever it is, and no luck, made some other things work that didn't after he fiddled, but alas, not my games. HELP!

What kind of video card? Did you reinstall with latest drivers? Check your refresh rate. Finally, check your connections to your video card.
Hope this helps. :)

The best option is to staart games in safe mode(game safe mode not windows safe mode) change thr graphics resolution and refresh rate, if the game safe mode is not there then use the graphics option in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back