Monitor Screeches

By souton
Aug 20, 2006
  1. this is for a buddy of mine. when he boots up his pc everything is okay, but when he loads a game (ie Counter-Strike) his monitor gives off a very annoying screeching noise, kind of like a screeching beetle. i doubt it's his video card. is his monitor about to blow? any info would be appreciated, if you need any further info let me know
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

That sounds like a capacitor screeching inside the monitor. It may be possible to have the monitor repaired. In any case, I`d recommend trying a different monitor, just to make sure that`s what it is.

Regards Howard :)
  3. souton

souton TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 106

thank you for the response howard, will do that
  4. XenaWP

XenaWP TS Rookie Posts: 53

Hmmm, CRT monitor? There's a flyback transformer in there that can make a high-pitched squeal too.
  5. Shizat

Shizat TS Rookie Posts: 70

I was about to ask if it was CRT or LCD... if It's CRT then I would say "bye-bye" monitor... If its LCD (hoping it's still under warranty) call the Manufacturer... But no I couldn't see where it would be the Video Card...

Ohh, and one other thing, is there speakers in the moniitor? If so, unplug the sound connection..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.