TechSpot

Monitor screen takes a long time to reach full brightness.

By Villsen
Feb 19, 2007
  1. I don't know much about this kind of stuff. So I'm asking you guys. Why is my screen taking so long to brighten up? if I go afk for a bit and it hibernates it takes forever to brighten back up to 100%. If I shut it down and start it up it takes 4ever to brighten up again. Help. Is my monitor dying? I just swaped vid cards so I know it's not that. Is my cpu dying?

2. marcuskarl73

marcuskarl73 TS Rookie Posts: 17

How old is the monitor ? the older a monitor gets the weaker it gets . It might still work for many more years but you never know it could die tomorrow ! so go ahead and start putting some money aside for a new screen . but see the positive side of this , you prbly wanted a bigger,nicer and better screen anyways , right ???

3. foozy

foozy TS Rookie Posts: 267

Be more specific - how long is "forever"? 30 seconds? 5 minutes? Six hours?

Also, how old is the monitor, is it CRT or LCD, and perhaps what brand is it?

4. G Ray88

G Ray88 TS Rookie Posts: 16

Might try a know good monitor, your cpu should be fine. And have you tried to change any of the setting on the monitor like brightness or the contrast?
    Good Luck:)

5. RamenNoodles

RamenNoodles TS Rookie Posts: 108

Try degausing the screen (if you have a CRT monitor)

Does help to have the latest drivers for the monitor as well.

6. tweakboy

tweakboy TS Maniac Posts: 518

LOL, u provided us no information, not even how long until brightness is normal ,,,

The monitor needs to heat up a bit,,, then 15 or soo minutes later your brightness is @ good level ,,,, If u always leave it on, ull never get this problem.

THe EPROM on the monitor might be confused or somethin lol,

I wouldnt worry about this, your monitor is not gonna die anytime soon !,

7. RamenNoodles

RamenNoodles TS Rookie Posts: 108

He said he doesnt know much and was just asking a simple question. Simmer down.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.