Monitor turning off and on in certain games

Gourry32

Now I am not sure what is going on, but so far this is only happened in two games, first time I noticed it was in Dying light, when mu Samsung monitor would turn off and then turn back on it only took a few seconds when it did happen and computer and everything was fine, the second game is Aion which it happens a bit more frequently but both games are still playable and if the games are not running I have zero issues.

MY PC specs are as follows:
ASUS GeForce GTX 960 STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Windows 10
16 gig of ram(G.skill Ripjaws X series 8gbx2)
Intel core i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz
Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 220-G2-0850-XR 80+ GOLD 850W Fully Modular EVGA ECO Mode Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply

I am using a DVI cable over HDMI due to video card only having 1 HDMI and that is being used by my second monitor.

Are you sure it is the monitor and not the video card? - check LED on monitor to be certain.
Check refresh rate... then temps, especially video card... swap cables with second monitor to see if that changes it.

As with what was stated above, try disconnecting the second monitor and see if it still happens. Are your monitors different resolutions?

Back