Monitor won't display, no signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My monitor won't display anything except a blank screen. i think i bumped my card that it hooks up to. so anybody know about this kinda thing?

Yup, I think this guy is, or was having the same problem:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49034
So, is it possible the cable from the graphics card to the monitor is loose or damaged, or that the graphics card has been dislodged? But like I said in that thread in the link, I think, or thought, it was hard to dislodge the graphics card.
It's not a new card, is it?

paranoid guy said:
Yup, I think this guy is, or was having the same problem:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49034
So, is it possible the cable from the graphics card to the monitor is loose or damaged, or that the graphics card has been dislodged? But like I said in that thread in the link, I think, or thought, it was hard to dislodge the graphics card.
It's not a new card, is it?

actually i don't have all the screws i need to keep them in place :p
and yes it did get dislodged. :(
i put it back in but it still won't work. it just won't recognize any signal.

try the card on a different machine if possible and vice versa, to see if it still works, as well as checking out your mobo in case you've damaged it as well.. but a cmos reset shoud do the trick.....

sorry,
mobo = motherboard

cmos reset - reseting all ajustable settings in the motherboard's memory. Usualy achived by finding 3 pins labled "CMOS reset" or similar, and bridging the first pin with the middle for a second. or if there is no Jumper for it, then removing the button battery (on the motherboard) for 15 seconds will have the same effect.

Look for signs/smells of damaged components while you have the case opened and see how it goes.

if you do have access to another machine, try test the card on that and see if its ok, and also try (the other pc's) video card on your pc and test. confirm you have all power connected to any devices that requires it (including the vid card) and your cables are on correctly.

ty i found out the problem. i had put in another card. (recently got some tv card) and i put it in and for some reason it doesn't like it. so it wouldn't display until i got the bright idea to take it out :p ne way ty N3051M and paranoid guy for helping me out w/ it :)

I am having the similar problem with my new other PC that I'm building for my family however I did all of the following above it doesn't have an onboard video card just have to use AGP or Either PCI I try both video card slots because I have two AGP cards and one PCI which is in my current PC that im on now typing this message. I haven't tried the monitor yet but I'm gonna try it out as I type this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back