Monitor won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

kora8

Okay, I plugged my monitor into my computer and it won't work. The computer light is green and seems to work fine, the monitor light is yellow as if it doesn't receive a signal. What should I do?

First thing's first: are you plugging the monitor into a graphics card or into an on-board slot on your motherboard?

It is likely that you have either a bad monitor or a bad graphics card. It is also possible that you have dirty RAM or a dying power supply. Hopefully you can either test the monitor in another machine or test another monitor on your machine. Are any of the parts I mentioned new, or did this start on an old machine?

No this was just out of the blue, the monitor is fine, and the computer worked before. I jokingly put a windows Vista disk into the disk drive, I plugged the drive into another computer and it worked. I also never played with the graphics card so I don't think that's it, unless Windows 95 graphics cards randomly go bad.

Its the graphic card, replace it, sometime other cards or componets prevent a signal to be sent to the monitor, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back