Monmouth, UK set to become the world's first Wikipedia town

By Leeky
May 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Monmouth (Trefynwy), a small town in Wales, UK, known for being the birthplace of King Henry V looks set to make history once again, after Wikipedia announced it was to...

Read the whole story
  2. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

So, if I have nothing available to read a QR code I'm SOL?
  3. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Hmm - a very sticky problem. Um... you could ask the tour guide? Maybe ask another tourist who does have a smartphone? Use the free WiFi with your laptop to ask Wikipedia? Do a little research ahead of time? I'm pretty sure one of those alternatives might work. But I don't know, since I've never been to Wales and am nervous about hearing actual people speak that beautifully musical, unspellable language of theirs in real time, so probably never will go.
  4. weren't they in like panic mode to get funding earlier this year? =O
    well well well...
  5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,866   +345

Will be awesome once all the info in wikipedia is made correct, back from the day where anyone was allowed to change stuff.
  6. If you don't have something to read QR codes then you should do yourself a favour and UPGRADE your cellular device. :p Even many cheap tablets have access to app stores, giving you access to a QR code reading app.
  7. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

Let's assume (since we are in the business of assuming) for a moment that one's device batteries are dead . . .

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.