More Hijack This

By vaff
Apr 2, 2007
  1. View attachment 15566

View attachment 15567

View attachment 15571
    If you could please check over the attached files it would be appreciated.
    I followed the directions given to the others on the site regarding this procedure awa the removal instructions at the top of the post.
    My goal is to determine why my computer is sluggish.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is clean.

The reason your system is so slow, is because you`re running two antivirus and firewall programmes.

Uninstall that Symantec/Norton crap as per the instructions in this post HERE.

Once you`ve done that, you`ll probably find your system is much faster.

Post a fresh HJT log as per these instructions after you`ve finished.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. vaff

vaff TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

Thanks Howard. This is a great forum.
  4. vaff

vaff TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

Here's the 2nd HJT. It seems to be running better already, but I'm open to other suggestions to streamline XP.

View attachment 15573
  5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Your HJT log is clean as a whistle.

In order to speed things up a little more do the following.

Trun off the AVG Antispyware resident shield, see HERE for instructions.

Run HJT and have it fix the following.

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Go and read this thread HERE, for suggestion on how to speed up your system.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of vaff only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.