Most annoying dot ever on LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnyirl

Hello I have a "LG 22" LCD L226WTQ-SF" its brand new, and there is one pixel on the screen that will not turn off unless its supposed to be displaying pure black.

I'm sure you all know how terribly annoying this is. I was wondering i there is anything I can try to fix it without voiding my warranty. I should probaly send it back but I bought it from Komplett.ie and i do not have another screen to use until they give my a replacement.

Is this pixel black all the time? It has to be a dead pixel, don't you think? You probably don't want to go through the pain of doing a return but I would. That's a big expense and you look at it all the time. I suggest that you get a refund and go to a store where you can easily return it if anything goes wrong. I was going to but my 22" online but this exact situation had me worried. Good Luck.

The pixel is white all the time, it doesn't display colors just displays white, black and all the shades in between.

my problem is i am positive when i say i want to return it they will want my screen returned before they send a new one out. Meaning I will be left with pretty much no computer for like a week or two.

This is called a "dead pixel". Most makers will not warrant service on 3 dead pixels or less. There is software out there that tries to re-force the pixels back into line. Google dead pixel software

vinnyirl said:
Hello I have a "LG 22" LCD L226WTQ-SF" its brand new, and there is one pixel on the screen that will not turn off unless its supposed to be displaying pure black.

I'm sure you all know how terribly annoying this is. I was wondering i there is anything I can try to fix it without voiding my warranty. I should probaly send it back but I bought it from Komplett.ie and i do not have another screen to use until they give my a replacement.

I have had a thunderbug climb *inside* the screen and die right in the **** middle!

If its really "Brand New" take it back to the store you bought it at,and ask to speak to the Manager. Any reputable store will exchange it with no questions asked. Just remember, its your money and good vendors will not want to risk loosing possible return customers. BE ASSERTIVE WITH THE MANAGER, BUT DON'T BE BELLIGERENT. I've had other people with the same complaints with LG LCD's. Good luck.

Problem is it is a 100% Internet store so even if I wanted to the closest i am going to get with being aggressive with anyone is screaming at a recorded telephone voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back