Most wanted LAN

someone from this forum said "howzit people. this is my first post and i registered here just so that we could sort this problem out. i am also having the same problem with the "connection lost" error, but i have sorted it out before. its such a simple solution. problem is, i dont know how to get back to the place i changed that value from. the solution was found somewhere in google but i cant seem to locate that page now.

guys the problem isnt game related. its gotta do with one value in the windows registry that you need to change from 0 to 1 and bam!, the thing works fine. all we need now is a computer guru who will be able to tell us how to get to this place. i can tell u its a windows setting that needs to be changed from 0 to 1. can someone help us or locate the previous page for us. thanks:) " please help me

You need to give some more details. Is the connection being lost on any particular site or is this a common problem with all internet use?

What type of connection do you have, wireless or cable?

What OS do you have?

Is a simple lan conection with a crossover cable, I've tried to modify server.cfg same errors I hope that someone can help in this forum i've read what is wrote in my first post P.S. sorry for the bad english I hope that you understood what I've said :D

We can see each other after deleting some strings from server.cfg but when we try to connect each other an error is displayed Connection to the server has been lost and after we can't see each other anymore.Why it doesn't work ? It's not my fault I know that because many others had tried but no succes. P.s I have a dial-up modem and I use the lan card just for lan games .

If this problem is on a big office network where you are trying to share gameply between PC's then there may well be some settings in the system that stop you from doing this.

Big office networks are above my knowledge level so I doubt if I can be of any further assistance.

No it's just a personal network with 2 pc-s and a crossover cable I hope that you have an ideea what I'am talking about. I think that all the problems are related with server.cfg file. This is the place where I've seen the contrary "techspot.com/vb/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1005514"

I have dealt with many Home Networks but I have never known about or had to deal with the server.cfg file. Using the crossover cable to directly connect two PC's together should not be a problem. Most modern systems are connected via a switch or a router.

Can you answer this, when you have said "Connection to Server has been lost" is this on both the PC's or the one you are using as the host (the one with a connection to the Modem/Router).

I have been unable to find any usefull information on editing the server.cfg file so this is clearly not a common problem or a common method to rectify a connection problem.

So we can see each other one of us host the game when the other one try to connect appear "Connection to the server has been lost" and I;am returned to the lan menu and the other one remain in the same state and I'am not the only one having this problem I don't want to play over the internet that is easy just a lan game with my brother.This is the content of the server cfg file

#
# The server sends a ping message to the client every PINGTIME seconds
# and the client is expected to respond within PINGWAIT seconds or
# the server considers the connection to be dead and the client is
# logged out.
#
PINGTIME=20
PINGWAIT=30

#
# A client can only be idle for TIMEIDLE minutes before it is
# automatically logged out. Even if a client is not idle it can
# only be connected for a maximum of TIMEMAXM minutes.
# Either/Both values can be set to 0 to mean that the server will
# not timeout the client.
#
TIMEIDLE=0
TIMEMAXM=0

#
# Limits how many times per second the LAN server will service requests.
# Lowering this number will increase game performance for slower computers
# at the expense of sluggish response time from the server. Valid range is
# 1-1000.
#
LAN_THROTTLE=30

##------------------------------------------------------------------------
## DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BELOW HERE
##------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRUST=255.255.255.255
TRUST_MATCH=%%bind("159.153.253.82")

ACCOUNT=1
MASTER=1
SLAVE=1
REDIR=1

#
# This line allows the server to determine on what interface to listen for
# connections. It can be any publicly routable IP address (this is the case
# even if the host is on a LAN that is isolated from the Internet). There is
# no communication attempted with the IP address listed here.
#
ADDR=%%bind("159.153.253.82")

Please if you don't have any ideea say to someone that can hellp me :) the server cfg file is not windows based is a file from the game whit the network settings

Could it be the firewall on both or either PC that is blocking the connection. You may need to add the program to the exceptions list in each firewall or simply disable the firewall.

Back