Motherboard audio and sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I create a profile to use the motherboard out for one set of speakers and then create a second profile to use the output of my soundcard to my stereo system? I'm using XP Pro and a Lynx2b.

Sound Fix

I went to Radio Shack and picked up an adapter which converts 1/4 single (male) stereo into left/right channel outputs (female), then you can use regular stereo patch chord to the back of the amp. Now I have seperate volume control for both front and rear. It cost me about 10 bucks.

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

See if anyone else has a better solution, but the only way I can think of to do this is to have a multiple OS installation. And even in doing that I am not sure it would work. It should, but I as I have never tried that myself...

Like I said, hang out for a bit and see what some others say.

Cheers!

Maybe this will work. Create another profile in Win XP & in one of them, disable ur sound card & in the other, disable ur onboard card. That should get it to work.

it depends on the add-on soundcard. In some cases onboard sound has to be switched off in BIOS period. Or you can get away with that for some time, but then you may get sound-crashes. I had that once trying to use Chaintech av710 with onboard realtek ac97. Creating hardware profiles is still the option. Is your add-on card stereo only? If it has more then just 1 stereo output you could use only this card and ditch onboard alltogether...

Gentlemen. Thanks for the help. I was able to create seperate profiles for the onboard audio and then the sound card. I reenabled the onboard audio, loaded the drivers and it was off to the races. Thanks again. Nickl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back