Motherboard not recognizing Video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus P4-LX motherboard I recently purchased. I have a crappy AGP video card with it and a decent Geforce 5500 card. I have a ATI RADEON X800XT 256MB AGP 8X Graphics/Video Card on it's way.

My Problem is that I have NO video. there is power on throughout the whole board and graphics card fan in the Geforce 5500 PCI is running. I have the drives from my previous computer installed so there should be no problem with them.To the best of my ability I have followed the manual to reset the motherboard. STILL I have no video? Nothing shows up. I do not have an on board video card so I know that is not the problem.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Much appreciated
Blake

You have different chipsets did you try uninstalling the old chipset drivers from your harddrive and install the correct ones

Ok so do I need to put together my old computer with the two drivers I had installed and find the correct chipset drivers?

I looked online and found places where I supposedly can download chipset-drivers. I'm not sure if that is what i'm looking for.

The CPU and RAM came witht he motherboard an I origanally put in a 3. ghz CPU and figured maybe that was why my video wasn't working so I went back to the 2.2

I'm just a little confused on the process. I hate to need this much guidance but all the help is appreciated.

so....

Ok so I took my old cd drive and put it into the new case and hooked it to the motherboard.

On a seperate computer I downloaded Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V5.00.1012 from the given site. and burned it onto a CD as a bootable cd. I put it into the New PC and nothing happened. I know the video card is installed correct into the board.

What do I do now? I still don't have any video. The CPU chip is the one that came with the board and same with RAM Hard drives and cd drive + graphic card is all from my previous computer.

Let me just make sure I understand. You used your old hard drive, graphics card and psu, and attached them to the new cpu, mobo, and ram. It works with your old mobo but not the new?

If so there are a few problems that could be possible.

All of your old drivers are still on the harddrive for your old mobo.

Does your Power supply have enough juice for your new equipment. If it does then...

Do you still have a windows cd? If so the easiest way would be to try and boot from there - i would try repair first if it doesn't work then format and reinstall- it should install generic drivers for your system then you can worry about updating to the correct drivers.

Have you already formatted your hard drive?

Well almost

I Have a new case that came with a new PSU which has a 230V and 115V setting the 230 for US. So power should not be the problem.

I used different motherboard then my last computer so it is foreign to these hard drives. I am currently trying to use the graphics card that came with the motherboard that way to eliminate possibilities of error.

So all I am using from my old computer at least until I can get my video working is My hard drives and a CD drive. all else is The case, and the mobo+ram+graphics card that came as a package but was tested.

So should I re-install my hard drives into my old computer put what info I want saved onto my external hard drive then find a windows disk and start anew?

I would hook the hard drive up on the old system, format it, then hook it up on the new system, put in windows CD and reinstall

actually, if u would just put the windows cd in and reformat and reinstall windows on the new system u should have everything fixed, now we all know there are no guarantees go with computers.

nickc said:
actually, if u would just put the windows cd in and reformat and reinstall windows on the new system u should have everything fixed, now we all know there are no guarantees go with computers.

i thought about that but might be hard if he cant see the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back