TechSpot

Motherboard replacement

1. I have a comp. with an ASUS PSN-MX motherboard and it needs to be replaced. I couldn't find one online. Any recommendations on another mobo that would work in place of this one on a small budget?
  2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,575   +47

You sure it's not the ASUS P5N-MX you're talking about? there's plenty of them online, just type it in Google.
  3. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

The only thing I see on newegg with your chipset are some Zotac mirco ATX motherboards, they are very reasonably priced. I have no experience with brand so can't really speak to how good they are. If you're not limited to that chipset there are still a lot of offerings on newegg for LGA 775.

ZOTAC NF610I-E-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7050
  4. liveloveburndie

liveloveburndie TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok the p5n-mx i found were $350. The Zotac sold out now. Got anything else?...also I just found out what happened to the mobo, a capacitor was pulled off. (a friends roommate trying to ruin the comp). I don't know much about mobos...Is that an easier fix?
  5. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,575   +47

I can easily find Asus P5N-MX motherboards at around £40 to £50 ($62 to $76) just though Google alone...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.