TechSpot

Motorola unveils Moto 360 smartwatch powered by Android Wear

By Shawn Knight
Mar 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. If you've been waiting for a smartwatch with a bit more style and class than the current crop of devices offers, Motorola has you covered. It's called the Moto 360 and is powered by Google's Android Wear, the company's brand...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,085   +715

Looks beautiful, nice to see a smartwatch actually received from input from a designer. :)
    But a focus on health and fitness? BP and pulse maybe, but people will feel foolish wearing such a nice watch in a fitness center. Not to mention, if that band is metal it's going to be heavier than a serious runner would want to put up with. And you can't easily see seconds without a large digital display. Maybe I'm missing the point, but it doesn't strike me as a fitness gadget. Perhaps fitness is just the most applicable feature of a smart watch and they didn't want to go without.

3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 956   +49

I'll be much more inclined to purchase a smartwatch in the future if they keep on making watches that look at least as nice as this. considering how most are... we'll see how long that takes.

St1ckM4n likes this.
  4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,977   +908

Looks great. This is a smartwatch I am actually thinking of buying. Too bad it is probably not going to be compatible with iOS.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,080   +747

Do you want us to spell out what the solution is?

Hexic likes this.
  6. "Do you want us to spell out what the solution is?"

yes, please!!

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Looks far better than those hideous monstrosities that other manufacturers are throwing in our faces but I'm really not interested in a device that is more worried about my health than I am, in fact I'm not sold on the idea of wearable devices at all but with the smartphone market busy stalling tech manufacturers have to come up with alternative ideas to stay in business, lets if these wearable devices catch on like the smartphone.

8. Casio called ... they want there watches back....

Everyone in the video looks like an 80's flashback right down to the music....

BTW, so do the watches....

pass :p

9. JC713

Pebbles are ok but this one is SLEEK!

10. AlanCasseb

AlanCasseb TS Rookie

Don't think that's what he meant...

11. Skidmarksdeluxe

Lol. I'm just teasing you.

12. JC713

I know xD. I was just telling him my thoughts.

I know xD.

13. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 971   +99

1) Battery Longevity
    2) Brightness of the Devices
    3) Heat production from the brightness and increased battery usage etc...

Some of the issues that need to be improved (but of course everything starts small initially).

Looking forward to the day where I can have a torch, fully functional GPS, calling an so forth on these devices. Durability is a huge key factor as well. Wearable tech is one of the future elements and most people will be using them within next 10 years. Phones are great, but these gadgets can be literately life saving as well. Imagine having your phone fall out of your pocket in the Wilderness or what not, however you still have your watch which is fully trackable around the Globe, making your rescue fast and accurate.

Tldr: Gimmick at this moment, a very important part of Human life in future.

Anyway, awesome, might get one.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.