Motorola's next phones will be sized "just right" and forgo bloatware

By Matthew
Apr 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Motorola hasn't been particularly active in the smartphone space since being acquired by Google in mid-2011 (completed last May) and considering most onlookers believe the purchase was made purely to expand the search giant's patent portfolio, many have questioned the...

Read more
  2. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 487   +75

Let's just hope the Droid Razr 3rd generation isn't just a Galaxy S4 equal, but something that surpasses it. The original Droid Razr was just a Motorola version of the S2, and the second was just a S3 copycat. They have to be better, not just rivals.

I really like Motorola build quality but I've stuck with Samsung lately.
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,705   +873

The next gen Razr Max HD just needs a better Camera and updated specs and you got yourself a winner.
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,578   +76

My Motorola Razr Max with HD yeah the camera is that hot and video cam is very good. Though I don't like Samsaung smart phones I had S3 and a few others just don't care for them they use that UI the use. Stick with Jelly Bean UI instead of trying to make another UI Overlay. Motorola needs to kill the bloatware have these rooted out of the box so I can use programs such as Adfree to kill these ads.
  5. JC713

Cant you use Adblock without rooting the phone?
  6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,578   +76

Actually called Adfree that would block all ads brower and apps. No it needs to gain access to the root. Mostly use Superuser app which uses SU but the SU file needs to be installed using adb commands to gain access.
  7. JC713

Ah. I think Google removed Adblock recently from the app store.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.