TechSpot

Mouse-Box puts a full PC inside of a computer mouse

By Shawn Knight
Jan 21, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Intel's Compute Stick - an entire PC in an HDMI dongle - certainly impressed earlier this month at the annual Consumer Electronics Show, but what if I told you that it is possible to shove a full-blown computer into a...

Read more

2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,181   +528

I love how in the video that it's "somewhere in Europe" and the first thing they demonstrate is to use it to be naughty at work. Then later on, it's like, "Here are the positive pros to using it."

Overall, I don't know if I like it or not.

Adhmuz likes this.
  3. Interesting... I'm sure my company would love to have everyone bring in there own computer and connect to our internal network, what could go wrong?

4. noel24

noel24 TS Maniac Posts: 304   +154

Wouldn't it be easier to just write an app that changes your smartphone into a mouse? With a little plastic backplate or pouch that raises the smartphone so light led acts as laser and camera reads the surface movement?

5. ChuckedNorris

ChuckedNorris TS Rookie

Yeah, that's not a PC in a Box or a Mouse. That is a Smartphone or Tablet in a Mouse.

hahahanoobs likes this.
  6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,549   +852

turns out smartphones and tablets are also personal computers. who would have thought.

GeforcerFX likes this.
  7. Skinner2001

Skinner2001 TS Rookie

Now where in the heck would I put my GPU?

tomkaten likes this.
  8. tomkaten

tomkaten TS Addict Posts: 188   +89

On a pair of wheels, next to the mouse, tethered via USB 3. That would be a sight :)

9. DJMIKE25

DJMIKE25 TS Addict Posts: 154   +50

No you would just use your graphics amplifier. Haha.

10. What does this offer in terms of capability that an ordinary Smartphone doesn't?

11. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,618   +376

"That’s exactly what engineers at polish startup Mouse-Box are attempting to pull off."
    Should be a capital P on "Polish" shouldn't it? Implies they are some sort of new shoe shine business...

Uvindu and Capaill like this.
  12. theruck

theruck TS Booster Posts: 104   +20

Useless
    now when everybody uses touch control they invent mouse. but they forgot the keyboard. how the hell would he load and control that presentation he was showing? what OS would it use? I think they just try to get some money trough crowdfunding go on a vacation or buy a car then let people forget