Mouse goes crazy

By TLJustice
Mar 11, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Okay so, I don't exactly know if this is the correct spot to post this but, I desperately need help! My external mouse (whenever I play games like MC, LoL, Sims, etc.) goes absolutely CRAZY! So, this is an example when I'm playing Minecraft. I play normally, and then it suddenly JERKS to the right/left/top/bottom or does a 360! Another thing that happens, is that it randomly slows down at some points. By the way, this is a Wireless mouse (but I have tried it with a wired mouse and other wireless mouses.) Also, this doesn't happen when I use my trackpad. If anyone could help then I would absolutely APPRECIATE it.
  2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,540   +288

Mouse driver?

If it were just a wired mouse, I would say 'bad cord'. Since it is wireless, I might say 'battery'. Since it is both wired and wireless, I begin to think it is something about the software - drivers, perhaps.

Check Device Manager for error symbols (triangle with exclamation point). If any remove/turnoff your mouse, uninstall the driver, reboot, check that Device Manager is 'clean' (no residual mice - or triangles), turn off system, install mouse, start system

If this has to do with USB (the mouse connection), the process is similar except you can't 'NOT' have the USBs - just have nothing attached.

If it is USB, then this may help...
  3. TLJustice

TLJustice TS Rookie Topic Starter

Aight, I'll try these out as soon as I can! Thanks!
  4. TLJustice

I tried it today but... No residual files
  5. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,540   +288

I'm not sure we are only after residual files, though it is always good to clean them out. I think we are trying to confirm that the current drivers are good ones and that they are properly installed - so we are uninstalling/removing the old drivers and letting the OS reinstall them when the machine is restarted.

Maybe this will help...
  6. TLJustice

I've currently got an update going on for 'Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64' I also just bought a new mouse today but it still goes crazy. (Just a reminder that this only happens when I play games). The mouses I have tried these with are:
    Wireless Microsoft Mouse -
    Wireless Logitech Mouse -
    Wired Microsoft Mouse -