Mouse issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having an issue. When I start to type, my mouse keeps making my words go back to the beginning of my paragraph or it just skips all over the place...anyone have a solution? It just started today.

Clean the mouse port with treated canned air such as Dust Off or other.
Is the mouse on a wire, or is it a wireless mouse? If wired, follow the wire with your fingers checking for lumps or knots... if you find either, replace the mouse.
If it were mine, I would be testing with a borrowed mouse.

Are your fingers/ thumbs touching the mouse pad when you type? Can you turn off the mouse pad while you type? Some laptops have this off/on feature. Does this happen when an external mouse is connected?

Perhaps, the keyboard is worn out, or dirty. You can remove it by removing the screws from the bottom, then thoroughly clean it with dust off, alcohol and qtips..
If that doesn't work, replace it... Good used ones for about $17, or new ones on eBay for under $50.
But first, check your Device Manager to assure that you have no yellow or red flags indicating a driver error. Usually upgrading the drivers repair those automatically.

its a laptop that i am on so it's actually not the mouse, its when I type. I can start typing and my words will go all over the place...
Ahh that happed to me with a really old Dell Latitude, I didn't think it was because my palms were touching the pad, but when i made an effort to lift my palms and keep them away from the keys, it stopped O.o,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back