Mouse left click, right click unresponsive

So I have a strange issue where the mouse stops working. I see the arrow move across the screen and it responds to left clicks or right on my browser for example. The issue is, it does not work anywhere else. Like right now I can click and open different browser tabs but I can't click on anything else like the taskbar. When I scroll my mouse over icons in taskbar, normally it kinda gets highlighted but right now it does not. If I minimize my browser to go to desktop I can't get the mouse to work with eight left click or right click. I only see the arrow. So what I do is ctrl+alt+del and then esc, repeat a few times and eventually the mouse works again. This is a 7 month old custom made PC with genuine windows 10. I have done system restore but that did not help. I have also tried another mouse(wired) and issue persists. Current mouse is wireless by the way. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance fellas.

No question something is wrong. When you had the Task Manager open did it look the PC was 100% busy especially where it says CPU or DISK? It really sounds like your machine is barfing on a bad piece of hardware, like a extra hard drive or USB something. Check your Event Viewer>Custom Views> Administrative Events and look there for a clue.

So I opened up "administrative events" and the number of events is 9,397!!!!!
I see lots of "warning!" and "error". Don't know what they all mean??

Google is your friend there...the majority of those warnings and errors are not actually a concern. We even see those Event Viewer logged errors on new computers!. However, there might be one that pertains to USB, which might be related to your mouse problem?

Back