Mouse not responding at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is actually hardware or software related.

I have a fairly new PC (month or so old) which runs on Windows XP. I use wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.

Today I had to hard reboot my machine as it locked up completely whilst running a game. (Just to avoid unneccessary alarm, this game is of the online variety and occasionally causes this kind of problem for just about everyone I know who plays it!)

Now whenever I try to log in everything seems to work ok (inc the wireless keyboard) but the mouse just wont work. I cant move the cursor at all. I have tried logging in, in safe mode and the same thing happens. I have tried the mouse via usb and via the "usual" mouse socket. I have tried a different mouse. I am stuck!

Any ideas?

plug in your mouse that connects right to your pc and check out your Device Manager (right click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager) and look under 'Mouse and other pointing devices' does it show up there? if not, its your socket.

but actually, seeing as this problem is with all mice regardless of connection test this way for the wireless mouse too

i recently had that problem, but it turned out to be either the mouse, or the receiver in the keyboard...either way i have to use a different mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back