Mouse problem...maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While using my pc at work which is on a network my mouse pointer starts to move erratically, closing down applications, opening task manager and trying to initiate a virus scan. Ive just noticed that the erratic movement only happens when I actually try and move the mouse.

It happens for around 5-10 seconds then it stops.

Any help would be most appreciated

CHEERS

Thanks for your quick reply! I dont think its a remote app. From time to time our IT department 'shadow' us on our systems but you have to 'accept connection from...' for them to be able take control. Plus it happens at all times of the day and night. Its weird because most of the time it doesnt do anything other than open task manager or properties tabs.

Thanks again.

If its not a remote app then you need to clean the mouse and the surface its being used on.

If its an optical mouse make sure the surface isn't shiny.

If its a ball mouse, make sure the insides are not clogged

That's interesting! It still sounds like a remote assistance trick. Although you do have to authorize their access through e-mail, a file, or a msn messenger request. Maybe they do it before you get to work? Otherwise yeah it just could be coincidence and your mouse is extremely dirty. People can do that to you through backdoor viruses as well. Like subseven.

depends what remote assistance client/server you use... tightvnc (how i've set it to) lets me access all my pcs on the network without having them to authenticate me (just need a password to access the PC).

Check whats running in the background apps.
Check that you've not hotlinked anything on your mouse etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back