Mouse problems? Yeah, I know it's stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinn

Hi guys,

I used to work with an old wheelmouse and recently changed for an Optical one, but now for some reasons, the cursor simply jumps to the corner of the screen once in a while. I think(?) I have the latest driver for it and I really don't understand what could cause this problem. (downloaded MouseWare Version: 9.79.1 on the Logitech site)

Mouse: Logitech® Optical Mouse Black (currently plugged on the USB channel, but does the same thing on the PS/2 one so I guess that's not the problem.)

Thank you in advance,
Your help is very appreciated,
Gab.

Hello and welcome to techspot.

Maybe it`s the surface you`ve got the mouse on if it`s reflective either shiny or bright white etc this can cause optical mice to misbehave.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

that's really weird logitec mice are the onlyones that usally work for me the secound i plug them into the usb and other mice i usally have to boot with them in for them to work :/ hmmmm did you try both pluging into PS/2 and USB?

I think it is something like howard said. I have seen many problems with jumpy mice from different types of surfaces. If you aren't using a mousepad, try using one, if you are using one, try withouth, or a different one.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Yeah I tried plugging it in both PS/2 and USB channels but nothing seems to fix the problem. I tried to use it without the mousepad (which is mostly black BTW, but does have some kind of protective plastic on it that could perhaps be considered as shiny?) but I work on an architect table made in some kind of glass, that would really be more shiny than the mousepad..

Also, I tried with another mousepad without that protective plastic but it seems it does the same thing. So I guess that's not it also. I REALLY wonder what's the problem with that mouse. I like optical mouse MUCH more than wheel ones for precision purposes but it this lil' problem is making the experience a bit less enjoyable.

Thank you again for your advices,
They are very appreciated.
Gab.

May I suggest that you take the mouse back and either get another one or perhaps even a different one.

It is possible that you have got a faulty mouse.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I don't think so for I tried it on my sister's comp and it doesn't do the same thing.

It seems that we have exhausted most of the possible causes.

If it were me I would take it back and get another mouse probably a different manufacturer and try that just to rule out any compatability issues.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Why's that? I thought that was the program that was acting as the driver.. I mean, is it normal to use a Logitech mouse and use a Microsoft program to configure it? Could MouseWare be the cause of such problems?

I seem to recal having a driver problem with a logitech many moons ago. I'd go to the device manager and verify what driver is being used. Seems like I had to remove all the various mouse drivers except for the standard PS2 mouse driver. (including the new logitech driver & others) Reboot the machine, install mouseware, reboot the machine again, configure the rodent and all was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back