Move/Copy I386 directory from $WIN_NT$.~LS before deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if there's a way to move/copy the I386 directory from the $WIN_NT$.~LS directory to the root of c\ during an install before windows setup deletes this dir. The reason is thus, I'd like to keep those files in the root of c:\ so when the user installs something, it doesn't prompt them for the CD.

---- Workaround 1 - Copy I386 to $OEM$\$1\C\ of Distributed share -----
=============================
I don't like this for various reasons: 1) tranfers I386 dir twice (2x) during install process - once for $WIN_NT$.~LS directory and once for the $OEM$\$1\C\ directory. 2) for some reason when using this workaround it leave the $WIN_NT$.~LS directory, therefore implementing a cmdlines.txt "script".

Now, I don't know if I've overlooked an option or two in the answerfile (winnt.sif/unattend.txt) to compensate for this. Hopefully I haven't overlooked anything, but feel free to ask questions.

And did you already find something that works...
I am looking for the same script to save the installation folder for later usage.

if you copy i386 directory to a directory by the same name in c: root directory, you should be able to install. install is done by setup.exe or from i386 directory with winnt.exe or winnt32.exe. the former is for dos and the latter is for windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back