TechSpot

Mozilla appoints veteran Chris Beard as interim CEO

By Shawn Knight
Apr 14, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Mozilla on Monday promoted Chris Beard to interim CEO as the company continues to search for a permanent replacement following the controversial resignation of Brendan Eich less than two weeks ago.

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,966   +389

How dare a person have person political opinions and try to run an entirely unrelated company

Auth3ntic0 and albertjkruger like this.
  3. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 570   +97

"She added that Beard has one of the clearest visions she has ever seen and is also a strong candidate for CEO."

So was the last guy until he was excoriated and "let go" for his political views.

4. Mozilla Rules for Employment:

Priority #1 - Pro-Gay!
    Priority #2 - Pro-Gay!
    Priority #3 - See 1 and 2

Auth3ntic0 likes this.
  5. Already switched browsers. Goodbye Mozilla. It's been a great 12 years.

6. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 365   +59

Ha, Chris Beard, he's a beard for the company it works.

7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,533   +600

This is only going to last as long as it takes some self-righteous Mozilla employee to discover he supported legislation that would have stopped turtle bridges in Florida.

8. dunebeetle

dunebeetle TS Rookie Posts: 16

How can he not have a beard? He should be ashamed.

9. mccartercar

mccartercar TS Enthusiast Posts: 111   +15

I think his head shot is way too touched up. It hurts my eyes. I don't care about any other aspect of this.

10. Night Hacker

Night Hacker TS Enthusiast Posts: 113   +12

I guess it's finally time for me to use a non-Mozilla browser. This is absolutely wrong in every respect to demand someone be let go because of an unrelated political view which he has every right to express!!! I have always used Mozilla (originally as Mozilla, then Firefox etc)... I cannot continue to use a browser that punishes someone for having an opinion.

11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,270   +1,554

Funny! Good luck with your search.

12. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,988   +957

Why don't you just hold your breath until they hire Mr. Eich back?

Now if they made you pay for Firefox, it would be a different story. 'Cause then I'd stop using it, no matter who was CEO.. I have my principals too, you know!:mad:

davislane1 likes this.
  13. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Enthusiast Posts: 349   +23

he's staring into your soul. Unless you have an opinion about souls then get out! ;P

lmike6453 likes this.
  14. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 568   +107

This guy wears shirts with stripes. I'm going to uninstall Firefox!

15. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Booster Posts: 551   +46

Well like they mentioned this guy is only interim CEO, once they find a permanent replacement hopefully he will fit your shirt requirements.

Darkshadoe likes this.
  16. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Enthusiast Posts: 333   +84

Ok. special interest groups, time to start hiring investigators to dig into the past and see if there is anything there that can be remotely interpreted as interfering with your agenda.

Darkshadoe likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.