Mozilla Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feisty49

Tis difficult to fall in like, let alone love, with Firefox for a browser because as of late, it won't load pages.

Example 1: eBay sites. Certain ones load immediately. Others, such as "View Seller's Other Items" won't load. The page loads and loads and loads and... never loads! Example 2: Pogo games. Just this week it won't load certain rooms.

In both above examples, it's not the web site because I can immediately access via IE.

Question: Is anybody else experiencing slow/non loads of sites?

Hi

Yeah you are right about pogo. I just tried chess with mozilla and it said the site is temperarily down. I tried right after that with IE and it came right up. I don't know about the ebay one though. Maybe someone else knows why. People on this site are always saying firefox is better. Maybe someone can explain why? I just like firefox because you can put bookmarked web pages below the address bar for easy access.

Firefox is better then IE in its abilities to block out near everything that allows "junk" to enter your PC. The big ones, namely, ActiveX controls and popups. I imaging that pogo uses a lot of ActiveX controls for games, rather then strait Java. Java games should work, but not AX ones. This is the same on www.popcap.com, some are Java games and some are AX.

For ebay, not sure, have to play with it, but no doubt FF is likely blocking some type of scripting.

You know what they say, use FF for EVERYTHING, BUT when a site doesn't work that you know is legit, use IE.

If you want a browser in the middle, use what I do, www.avantbrowser.com. It is a shell around the IE core, it also can be set to block just about everything, including AX and popups and such. But it is multi-tabbed and has a ton of features. Plus it's free :)

I personally like Opera, but don't have any proof to say that it is better.
SCHUMIinSA, Exactly what german mag?

Thanks for the input/opinions about Mozilla FF. It's frustrating to me because FF has been working fine right up until this week. :-( Surprisingly, Pogo, with all its graphics, etc., has always loaded with no problem, until this week. While I do understand the need to keep IE as a second choice, it's a pain in the neck to bookmark something in FF but not have it in IE, or vice versa. IE may pose problems, though if one has good security software I've never understood where the problem exists, but I'm switching back to it as my main browser.

One thing that can cause pages to fail to load in FireFox is the user profile gets corrupted. the easiest fix is to create a new profile.

Have a look at the extension IE Tab.This opens IE in a tab within Firefox,you can also set it to always open the same site in an IE tab.

Don't do it!!!! Please, don't do it!!!At least use IE with a front-end like Avant or Maxthon.

Apart from that, don't trust what Chip says....friends know why ;)

Firefox should rule the world!!!!!

If a page doesn't load, you shouldn't be going there!!!!!

Lol just kidding. But seriously, at least download Avant and give it a try, the program is tiny tiny, free, million features, and does every (you want) that IE does, only better.

And then, after you've used it for a spell, post back here how you like it.

The problem with this world is that we are to easy to accept mediocrity. It is only the consumer that can increase quality, but if we keep accepting what is force fed us, it'll never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back