mPGA478 Processor Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Hey, guys. Here's a question: Would this processor here
be a good upgrade for my system, or would this processor suffice? I am including a system report I made with Everest as an attachment to this message with my system's motherboard config. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!

Note: This attachment contains the mobo configuration information you need. My recent configuration is in my profile.

Oh hell. Not only do you have a Celeron, but said Celeron doesn't even run on the lowly 533MHz FSB. It's on the 400MHz FSB. A CPU that is 2500MHz (25x100) is going to be noticeably slower than a CPU with the exact same specs and speed, but is 12.5x200.

It is definitely worth is to spend the extra $7 and get the 2.8 GHz. You should notice an improvement due to doubled bus speed, quadrupled cache, and 300MHz of extra speed.

OK...THANKS! Also I was wondering...The system that I want to upgrade the processor on is a Compaq S5010NX. However, it also needs a PSU upgrade (it is a cheap 250W PSU). Would this PSU from CompUSA work with my mobo AND fit in my case

Well, that was rude. NOT EVERYBODY WANTS TO BUY A NEW COMPUTER...SOME PEOPLE ARE PERFECTLY FINE WITH OUTDATED EQUIPMENT....Thanks for the info, though! But, do you really think that HT processor will work in my computer? It doesn't support HyperThreading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back