MS Age of Empires II - No background music while game is in progress

By williamkarra
Jan 29, 2006
  1. Hi,

I had installed the Age of Empires II - Age of Kings and The Conquerors Expansion on Windows 98 and the game used to work very well.

Later I changed my OS to WinXP and reinstalled this game. It is running very well except that the in-game background music just does not play. All other sounds inside the game are on as usual, except the background music.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing it a no of times but this background music which makes the game so very exciting is just not playing.

Please can anybody help?
  2. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

check the game options>sound>music.. (i think) havent played it for a while but its somewhere there..
  3. Ural_

Ural_ TS Enthusiast Posts: 96

If that doesnt work use compatiblity mode on the ms age of emps icon in properties and run the game in compatiblity mode for windows 98/ Me and it might work lol an amateurs guess, i use it for a lot of programs that have problems and it works sometimes especially with texture related problems.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.