Ms-dos

By Clairelbc
Oct 26, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I will be honest MS-DOS means nothing to me but when I try to install the first version of the sims on to my new laptop it comes up with a message I dont understand. it goes as follows
    C:\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

I dont understand why it wont work as I am using Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition and on my old laptop I used the same version of Windows and I didnt have a single problem.

Can someone tell me why it is doing this please and what I can do about it, if I can even do anything. Thanks for your help.

Claire
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

Could you open autoexec.nt with Notepad and paste its contents here? I don't think the first Sims installs anything that would require editing autoexec.nt, it might be something else.

I guess you also forgot \windows from that directory, it should be c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.