MS Wireless keyboard..unexpected output

Status
Not open for further replies.
After working in Excell, Word or Powerpoint the keyboard will suddenly start displaying random letters....If letter "A" was working ok it will suddenly start displaying a c or d or e or some other letter. The unexpected letter is now key "A" and doesn't change until the program is shut down and restarted....This doesn't work every time. I've had to turn off the computer at times to get a reset back to normal.

What's happening? How do I stop it?

Well the first obvious question is batteries. Changed them all?

Next is drivers, since you are using a MS keyboard, get on MS website and download the latest and proper keyboard software.

Third is conflict with other devices. Any other wireless devices around? Try turning them off temporarily. Or, use the little "connect" buttons on the wireless parts to re-connect the keyboard to the receiver, this usually changes frequency or channel and might get off the conflicting signal.

Lastly, I assume your wireless setup is USB? If so, connect a regular PS/2 keyboard along with it and set it out of the way. When the wireless starts acting up, see if the wired keyboard does the same thing. Then at least you know it's a keyboard problem and not just data problems in software. But if both keyboards do the same thing, it's some other kind of software problem, not physical keyboard.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back