MS Wireless Mouse Software Broke my Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new Microsoft Wireless Mouse for my Dell Laptop. I loaded the software and rebooted (of course). When it was coming back up it came up to a Black Screen and stopped. I tried rebooting several times and it stops at the same point......so I tried safe mode.....Nope, won't boot to safe mode either.

OK...so I thought....how about a Windows Repair of XP. So I loaded the disk and did a repair. It rebooted and started to come up and now it stops on a screen error saying Lsass.exe "Invalid parameter was passed to a service or function".......then it reboots after I click on OK....and comes up to the same error...over and over.

I tried booting to "Last known good configuration".....nope....doesn't work either.

IF I try safe mode it starts to go into safe mode then I get the Lsass.exe error.

Any ideas??

Thought I would try and make a boot disk, then maybe I can delete the lsass.exe and see what happens. Thought I would try Microsoft, but figured that would be a joke.

If all else fails I thought...well It may be time for a new drive for my laptop and use the current drive as a usb drive ( I have the enclosure) then I could pull the data off of it that way. By the way....does anyone know if an ATA150 drive would replace an ATA 100??

Let me know if you have any other cheaper ideas.....thanks.

Microsoft got me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back