msconfig wont load

By Killahoe
Oct 23, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my msconfig wont load, i go to start>run & type msconfig and it attempts to load and closes. I have read a lot of posts and instructions and have followed them and has lead me to fixing a few trojans and stuff but still no success with the msconfig opening. I currently have avg running constantly, secretmaker running constantly, and norton, and a few other things all trying to tagteam this bullcrap coming into my comptuer but still nothing with the msconfig PLZ help!!!!
  2. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

safe mode work?
  3. Killahoe

Killahoe Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

forget it. i got so angry i installed vista over my drive. sorry 2 waste ur time., although i have a new issue that has arised. i cannot get my microphone to work @ all on vista. can you help me here or should i make a new post somwhere else?
  4. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

what type of mic is it? just a normal one that you plug into one of the inputs on your soundcard or a USB type? could be just a driver problem which you just need the correct drivers for vista... but i'm not too familiar with vista..

You can go try make a thread in the Audio and Visual section....
  5. lemri

lemri Newcomer, in training Posts: 26

Just a quick reminder. Windows 2000 Pro does not come with msconfig. You need to find it on the internet and download it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.