MSI GS70 Stealth Pro Laptop Review: Gaming without the extra weight and bulk

Shawn Knight

Staff member

msi gs70 stealth pro review gaming extra weight bulk

Most gaming notebooks have a certain stigma attached to them. While some of the better systems available are more than capable of running the latest graphically demanding PC games out there, they're often hulking beasts that can easily tip the scales at over 12 pounds.

Recently, however, gaming notebooks like the Razer Blade have helped steer the industry towards slimmer form factors. Case in point is the MSI GS70 Stealth Pro notebook we'll be looking at today, a descendant of the hefty GX60.

The unit we tested came packed with an Intel Core i7-4700HQ processor clocked at 2.5GHz, paired with 16GB of DDR3 1,600MHz RAM and Nvidia's GeForce GTX 870M GPU with 6GB of GDDR5 memory. A 17.3-inch full HD anti-reflective display takes care of the visuals with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 but it's the triple SSD storage configuration that may surprise most.

Read the complete review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without it (I touched a few of the exposed areas), it'd be far too hot to sit in one's lap.
a similar 'hot' description can also be said about Microsoft surface pro 3 in which one user said that it is like doing computer work and cooking at the same time.

Interesting how a lot of gaming notebooks have bad touchpads. I guess it makes sense though, since they are diverting the touchpad costs to the more important specs. As for the specs, I don't understand why they put an 870 with 6GB of GDDR5... they should have went with an 880M with less VRAM for a bit more.

Fair enough for the speca, but not the price.
1080p laptops are badly needed these days.

Encountered problems when the comp wouldn't load past bios even after all options exhausted. Sent it back and it seems fixed. Decent comp otherwise, though a little loud of course

Back