MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum vs Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would go with this one becuse of the overclock features Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D DFi are really well made boards that get overlooked becuse of MSI and Asus...

dfi makes a solid product. just dont let those benchmarks throw you off, msi and other asian board makers often send testing labs enhanced or overclocked products to beat the competition in tests, often giving the consumers the standard product thus lowering the actual performance.

From what I've read, DFI is great for overclocking and MSI is great for stock speeds. My friend just got a Neo2 P, haven't o/c'ed it yet. He's loving it. Runs much cooler than P4 3ghz. There hasn't been hardware instability. But I was stumped when it froze at the very first post after I put it together, only after minutes I realized I hadn't removed the clear CMOS jumper. :)

MSI neo4 platinum is a pretty good overclocking board, its only limitation is with memory that needs higher voltage as it tops out at 2.85V. But, there are very few modules you'd want to take higher than that.

well i have (or did) 2 msi boards 1 in wifes 1 in sons puter they both work great and they overclock ok too, but they do not imo run as good as either of my dfi boards, dfi lanparty nf2 ultra rev a & current dfi lanparty nf3 250gb ut, but im getting 2.66ghz out of a amd 64 mobile 3000 that is only a 1.8ghz. if you dont want to overclock id go with an msi anyday they r good reliable boards, if u want to overclock then get a dfi, but remember that overclocking is a long and nerve racking process. you cant just put it all together and go from 1.8 to 2.7 completley stable in a day. it takes time aswell as good parts and cooling to do it. furthermore dfi boards r not for the impatient average user. best advise is to figure what u wanna do with ur system and read all u can on the parts u r considering and make sure they will work together.

hope this helps you out, ink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back